Monday, May 4, 2009

Tow-mater!


So...funny story! Today I was at my house with John and my mom and I had just come out of the bathroom when my mom started yelling, "Haley! Someone's trying to tow your car!" My car had been parked on the side of my house on 20th East. This used to be a no-parking zone, because of the bus stop, but the bus stop was taken out so now we can park there. The tow-man had my car all loaded up on his truck ready to take it away. I kept thinking, there's no way they could be taking my car! I can park there! The three of us ran outside and started yelling at the tow-truck dude, "What the heck are you doing?!?!" He says, "Isn't this the black Jetta I'm supposed to take to Strong Volkswagon?" We all said NO! That's MY car! We told him that both of our neighbors had black Jettas and that he was probably looking for one of them! After he realized he had picked up the wrong car he lowered it off of the tow truck and said "Well, these things just happen!" like picking up the wrong car is something he does every day. He drove around the corner to call his boss and we drove by him probably 10 minutes later, and found him still on the phone, trying to figure out where the black jetta that he was supposed to be picking up was. Haha. I found this to be quite a terrifying experience, until I realized how funny it was that the dude didn't even check licence plate numbers to make sure he was picking up the right car. So there's my funny story for the day. :)

1 comment: