Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some things are just meant to be

There seems to be times in life where no matter how hard you try to understand things just work out in way that you never could have imagined.

As mentioned in the last post I am engaged to Haley, my best friends. She and I met here Utah State, a school that nither one of us had originally planed on attending. We are going to get married on Aug 8th. A saturday. At 10 Am. In the Salt Lake Temple. For those of you that are LDS you will understand why this is so impressive. A 10 o'clock sealing on a saturday in the middle of august is something that normaly has to be reserved at least 6 months in advance if not before that. Haley and I reserved this time a little more than 4 months ahead of time.

Our reception will be at The Lion House. A place that according to my parents and grandparents has traditionally been equally hard to get. We reserved that today. Everything with our marriage has been going so smoothly that I am almost starting to wonder why people freak out so much about planing a wedding. (sorry i have to take a minute to go and find some wood to knock on.)

But the thing that has thrown me for the greatest loop happened last night. A few weeks ago I went in to the admissions office to talk to a few friends of mine, hoping that they could help me find some general university scholarships to help pay for my last year of school. Last year I got an e-mail from the director of admissions telling me that I had been awarded a scholarship that will pay for my entire last year at USU! Which for anyone that knows what has been going on over the last year is a huge help to me and my family.

All of this is just further confirmation that things of this world are controlled by a far greater power. Things just work out the way that they are supposed to. And how grateful am I for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment